Sunday, February 01, 2015

Back in the Swing...

Ally working on her sweater! 
Unusual breakfast included a sandwich and Harry Potter! 
The snowy plaza!
Snowball fight in the plaza. 
Another movie ("While You Were Sleeping") with a friend from the floor, accompanied by lots of unhealthy snacks!

So I went a month without blogging, and I'm keeping it that way. Repeat: I will not be going back and blogging for January. It's a lot less authentic when 30 posts are being written in one day, and I just don't have time to do it.

This month was fantastic. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye to my family on the 10th, but by the time I went to bed on the 17th, I was already feeling so much better. That may have something to do with the fact that I went swing dancing for the first time that night, but it was also because there is such a strong community here now. Ally, my roommate, made our room feel like home, and let me be a lazy bum those first 24 hours I was back and not wanting to get out of bed. It only took a few days, though, to develop an interest in life again. That first week wasn't all uphill, however, as it involved saying goodbye to a fantastic friend who is switching to Distance Learning.

Now we're on the verge of Founder's Week, which I'm looking forward to more than I thought I would. I won't be attending all of the sessions because I have to work, but I will be at the required amount and that's the important part. Classes are classes, PCM is good, and our bro/sis is way better this semester now that we all know each other well. I especially love when we go swing dancing!! Who knew this once shy girl would be begging to dance every night? It has definitely been added to the "future husband requirement" list. (;

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment