Thursday, May 07, 2015

Summer Plans

Steamed buns I tried last week with one of the girls on my floor! They were fascinating. If you're ever in Chicago and curious, just let me know and I can give you details. (:

I FINISH MY FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE IN LESS THAN A WEEK. Crazy, I know. With this, I will be heading home soon. I'LL BE HOME FOR THREE MONTHS. It's going to be so great, aside from the fact that my cat died last night,..yeah.

Anyway, my summer plans are not currently set in stone. While the obvious thing is just to work a lot at Chick-fil-A, I need more than that. My hope is to make as much money possible for next semester, and I think that means it's time for me to move a little bit past Chick-fil-A. I still want to work there, but I would like my main job to be in the form of babysitting/nannying. And that is why I am posting about it: connections. I registered for care.com last night, but I'd like to get personal recommendations first from those I know. If you know of anyone (or are that someone) who needs childcare for your children this summer (like children who are in school but now you need someone to hang out with them while you're at work), then I'm your girl. Some info for you or for whoever you know: three children is probably my maximum, and I would like consistent hours every week. I will have transportation to and from, but to travel with the children would possibly be a different story (we would need to work that out). In total, I am looking for at least 50 hours a week, excluding Sundays. I don't want all of those hours to come from babysitting/nannying, but that's just a heads up that I am looking for as many hours as possible.

I do already have a few summer plans in place (housesitting one week, some potential errands that vary, and maybe a trip or two.) If someone was interested in considering me for hire, we could talk those things through and figure it out prior. Let me know soon, though! I'll be home soon. I'm already spending time looking up jobs, and I would hate to agree to one from someone I don't know when there was someone I did know that was interested.

Something to also note is that none of this is set in stone. I very well could end up working at Chick-fil-A all summer, but I am hoping to expand out a little bit and broaden my field. 

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment